[openstack-dev] [tc] supporting Go

Rayson Ho raysonlogin at gmail.com
Tue May 3 16:40:31 UTC 2016

See: https://golang.org/doc/go1compat

> If a distro is distributing pre-compiled binaries, isn't the compatibility
> issue up to the distros? OpenStack is not distributing binaries (or even
> distro packages!), so while it's an important question, how does it affect
> the question of golang being an ok language in which to write openstack
> source code?

I mean a commercial OpenStack distro...

OpenStack does not distribute binaries today (because Python is an
interpreted language), but Go is a compiled language. So may be I should
simplify my question -- in what form should a commercial OpenStack distro
distribute OpenStack components written in Go?

Rayson

http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/
http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/GridEngine/GridEngineCloud.html