[openstack-dev] [tc] supporting Go

John Dickinson me at not.mn
Tue May 3 16:24:55 UTC 2016

That's an interesting point. I'm not very familiar with Golang itself yet, and I haven't yet had to manage any Golang projects in prod. These sorts of questions are great!

If a distro is distributing pre-compiled binaries, isn't the compatibility issue up to the distros? OpenStack is not distributing binaries (or even distro packages!), so while it's an important question, how does it affect the question of golang being an ok language in which to write openstack source code?

--John