[openstack-dev] [Swift] going forward

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue May 3 08:01:21 UTC 2016

John Dickinson wrote:
> At the summit last week, the Swift community spent a lot of time discussing the feature/hummingbird branch. (For those who don't know, the feature/hummingbird branch contains some parts of Swift which have been reimplemented in Go.)
> As a result of that summit discussion, we have a plan and a goal: we will integrate a subset of the current hummingbird work into Swift's master branch, and the future will contain both Python and Go code. We are starting with the object server and replication layer.
> [...]

As you move from experimentation in feature branches to a more long-term
plan, it would be great if you could formally propose the support of Go
as an officially-supported language in OpenStack, following the
resolution at:

That will help in clarifying our stance there and should kick off
interesting side discussions on infrastructure/QA support.

Thierry Carrez (ttx)