[openstack-dev] [octavia] amphora flavour and load balancer topology

Michael Johnson johnsomor at gmail.com
Mon May 2 22:30:10 UTC 2016

Hi Lingxian,

For #1, we create a nova flavor for the amphora in the devstack
plugin.  It is currently:
nova flavor-create --is-public False m1.amphora
${OCTAVIA_AMP_FLAVOR_ID} 1024 2 1

I have not done extensive testing with these settings to optimize it.
We were shooting for the minimum viable config to run the gate tests.
However, I expect over time we have reduced the requirements and you
might be able to get away with slightly less now.

On #2, we would like to enable neutron flavors to support the
selection of topology.  For example, "bronze" flavor may be
standalone, "silver" would be active/standby.  However, that
capability is not yet implemented.  Feel free to take that on if you
have the cycles... grin.

Michael