[openstack-dev] Timeframe for naming the P release?

Shamail Tahir itzshamail at gmail.com
Mon May 2 19:05:47 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 2:58 PM, Monty Taylor <mordred at inaugust.com> wrote:

> On 05/02/2016 01:53 PM, Shamail Tahir wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> When will we name the P release of OpenStack?  We named two releases
>> simultaneously (Newton and Ocata) during the Mitaka release cycle.  This
>> gave us the names for the N (Mitaka), N+1 (Newton), and N+2 (Ocata)
>> releases.
>>
>> If we were to vote for the name of the P release soon (since the
>> location is now known) we would be able to have names associated with
>> the current release cycle (Newton), N+1 (Ocata), and N+2 (P).  This
>> would also allow us to get back to only voting for one name per release
>> cycle but consistently have names for N, N+1, and N+2.
>>

> Patches already up ...
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/310425/
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/310426/

Thanks Monty.  Shouldn't we just starting naming one release again?  This
will give the community the names of the next three releases
consistently... If we would for two of them at a time then we will have
some periods where four names will be known and others where we might only
know three (i.e. during Ocata).

> Monty

Shamail Tahir
t: @ShamailXD