[openstack-dev] [Nova] Could you tell me the best way to develop openstack in Windows?

Perry, Sean sean.perry at hpe.com
Mon May 2 18:46:10 UTC 2016

Agreed. A VM running Linux is the only way to really develop for OpenStack.

One could write the code on Windows and share it into the Linux VM to then be run via tox or another test tool. Both VirtualBox and VMWare support sharing a folder from your Windows host into the Linux guest.
This way you have the comfort of the Windows tools for writing software but the Linux environment for running it and debugging it. Yes, debug it in the Linux environment.