[openstack-dev] [kuryr] Question for Antoni Puimedon about load balancers and overlay networks

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Mon May 2 18:11:42 UTC 2016

I am looking at
https://www.openstack.org/videos/video/project-kuryr-docker-delivered-kubernetes-next
, around 28:00.  You have said that overlay networks are involved, and are
now talking about load balancers.  Is this Neutron LBaaS?  As far as I
know, a Neutron LBaaS instance is "one-armed" --- both the VIP and the
back endpoints have to be on the same Neutron network.  But you seem to
have all the k8s services on a single subnet.  So I am having some trouble
following exactly what is going on.  Can you please elaborate?

BTW, there is also some discussion of k8s multi-tenancy in the Kubernetes
Networking SIG and the Kubernetes OpenStack SIG.

Thanks,
Mike