[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Grenade testing work

Villalovos, John L john.l.villalovos at intel.com
Mon May 2 17:06:33 UTC 2016

During the OpenStack Summit it was decided that getting Grenade to work for Ironic would be the highest priority for the Ironic project. Because without Grenade, we won't have upgrade testing and we need upgrade testing for features we want to land to ensure we don't break anything.

We will be discussing this work in the next Ironic QA/Test meeting on 4-May-2016 Wednesday at 1700 UTC in #openstack-meeting
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/Ironic-QA

We will be using the audio conferencing system that OpenStack provides:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Conferencing

Please use Conference 6555

I have been working on this for a while and wanted to share information for people who wanted to try to work on it locally.

I have created a GitHub project:
https://github.com/JohnVillalovos/devstack-gate-test

This is designed to use Vagrant to bring up a VM to run an environment similar to the gate. But it can also be used without Vagrant, though the documentation is a bit sparse on that.

During the call I can help people who are interested in setting it up locally and go over the progress.

Thanks,
John