[openstack-dev] [tc] Leadership training dates - please confirm attendance

Alexis Monville amonvill at redhat.com
Mon May 2 14:36:30 UTC 2016

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 4:57 PM, Colette Alexander
<colettealexander at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 10:42 AM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com> wrote:
>>
>> Excerpts from Colette Alexander's message of 2016-04-21 08:07:52 -0700:
>>

>> > Hi everyone,
>> >
>> > Just checking in on this - if you're a current or past member of the TC and
>> > haven't yet signed up on the etherpad [0] and would like to attend
>> > training, please do so by tomorrow if you can! If you're waiting on travel
>> > approval or something else before you confirm, but want me to hold you a
>> > spot, just ping me on IRC and let me know.
>> >
>> > If you'd like to go to leadership training and you're *not* a past or
>> > current TC member, stay tuned - I'll know about free spots and will send
>> > out information during the summit next week.
>> >
>> > Thank you!
>> >
>> > -colette/gothicmindfood
>> >
>> > [0] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/Leadershiptraining
>>
>> I've been waiting to have a chance to confer with folks in Austin. Are
>> we under a deadline to get a head-count?
>
> Only in the sense that I wanted to give non-TC folks some decent lead
> time with travel arrangements if there are free spots and they want to
> attend. Let's push it back a week if you all need the time to confer.

Just a quick note on that training. I didn't follow the training
myself (yet) so what I will say is only what I have heard.

Zingerman is a company quoted in nearly every book that consider
alternative ways of managing an organization.
I think sharing this experience will be be really valuable for the TC
and board members, and for OpenStack as a whole (and the organizations
in which they are).
I hope that others will have the opportunity to join and share this experience.

I agree with Thierry that a half day to discuss how to turn the
training into action could be important (if not mandatory ;) ).

Let us know how it was :)

Alexis

PS: while you will be in Ann Arbor you could also visit a joyful it
company: https://www.menloinnovations.com/by-visiting/menlo-factory-tour