[openstack-dev] [Nova] Libvirt version requirement

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Mon May 2 06:23:32 UTC 2016

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 10:27 PM, ZhiQiang Fan <aji.zqfan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Nova cores,
>
> There is a spec[1] submitted to Telemetry project for Newton release,
> mentioned that a new feature requires libvirt >= 1.3.4 , I'm not sure if
> this will have bad impact to Nova service, so I open this thread and wait
> for your opinions.

Thanks for the heads up.

Nova currently has one feature that requires libvirt 1.3.0 or greater. That
said, I don't think we're particularly opposed to newer libvirts, its just
that they're not very widely deployed.

That said, that spec is very terse and could do with some more detail. That
would help people decide where to go from here.

Cheers,
Michael

> [1]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/311655/
>
> Thanks!