[openstack-dev] [horizon][release] freeze timelines for horizon in newton

Amrith Kumar amrith at tesora.com
Sun May 1 22:24:11 UTC 2016

From: Rob Cresswell (rcresswe) [mailto:rcresswe at cisco.com]
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2016 4:28 PM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions) <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [horizon][release] freeze timelines for horizon in newton

This has been discussed (just now) in the release management plan (https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/newton-relmgt-plan) See point 8 under Communication/Governance Changes. From an immediate standpoint, the RC phase of this cycle will be much stricter to prevent late breakages. Going forward, we’re likely going to establish an earlier feature freeze too, pending community discussion.
[amrith] Thanks Rob, I’ve updated the etherpad with a link to this mail thread.

On a separate note, this email prompted me to scan the governance for the dashboard plugins and it became apparent that several have changed their release tags, without informing Horizon of this release cadence expectation via IRC, email, or our plugin feedback fishbowl. If we are to continue building a good plugin ecosystem, the plugins *must* communicate their expectations to us upstream; we do not have the time to monitor every plugin.
[amrith] I’m unsure what this expectation is. I tried to google it but came up empty.

I assume that you are asking that we let you know when we release a new version of the dashboard, is that right? Or is it something else? In any event, would you provide me a link to something describing this expectation and I’ll make sure that we try and stay true to it.

Rob