[openstack-dev] [Sahara][QA] Notes about the move of the Sahara Tempest API test to sahara-tests

Luigi Toscano ltoscano at redhat.com
Thu Mar 31 14:35:48 UTC 2016

On Sunday 20 of March 2016 21:07:06 Luigi Toscano wrote:
> Hi,

Small update on the plan:

> as discussed in the last (two) Sahara meetings, I'm working on moving the
> Tempest API tests from the Tempest repository to the new sahara-tests
> repository, which contains only (non-tempest) scenario tests and it's
> branchless as well. The move is a natural consequence of the Tempest focus
> on the "core six" (removing the burden of additional reviews from core
> Tempest), and of the existence of the Tempest Plugin interface.

A temporary change was just merged (thanks Infra) which also disable tests for
sahara-tests, so
*Please don't merge anything into sahara-tests for now*

We are more or less here:
>[...]
>
> == Extract tempest/api/data_processing from Tempest and filter it
> Easy with git-split (https://github.com/ajdruff/git-splits, thanks Evgeny
> Sikachev) and a bit of cleanup (removal of the first empty commit with `git
> rebase -i --root`). This code should then be merged in a detached branch of
> sahara-tests (created with `git checkout --orphan <branch>`). -> See a
> preview here:
> https://github.com/ltoscano-rh/sahara-tests/commits/tempest-sahara-api
>

> == Push the sanitized history to a detached branch of sahara-tests
> It's really two substeps:
>
> = Temporarily exclude a specific branch from the CI
> Change to openstack-infra/project-config and openstack/sahara-ci-config
> -> Requires reviews from infra and Sahara cores

Now the only member of sahara-(tests-)release, Sergey Lukjanov (Vitaly should
be in the group too maybe), should kindly create an orphan branch (git
checkout --orphan <branch>) in the sahara-test repository, so that we can send
to gerrit the imported commits.

Ciao
--
Luigi