[openstack-dev] 答复: [Heat] Re-evaluate conditions specification

Thomas Herve therve at redhat.com
Thu Mar 31 14:10:45 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 2:25 PM, Huangtianhua <huangtianhua at huawei.com> wrote:
> The conditions function has been requested for a long time, and there have been several previous discussions, which all ended up in debating the implementation, and no result.
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/84468/3/doc/source/template_guide/hot_spec.rst
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/153771/1/specs/kilo/resource-enabled-meta-property.rst

And for a reason: this is a tricky issue, and introducing imperative
constructs in a template can lead to bad practices.

> I think we should focus on the simplest possible way(same as AWS) to meet the user requirement, and follows the AWS, there is no doubt that we will get a very good compatibility.
> And the patches are good in-progress. I don't want everything back to zero:)
> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/heat+branch:master+topic:bp/support-conditions-function

I don't say that you should scratch everything. I'm mostly OK with
what has been done, with the exception of the top-level conditions
section. Templates are our user interface, and we need to be very
careful when we introduce new things. 3 years ago following AWS was
the easy path because we didn't have much idea on what to do, but I
believe we now have enough background to be more innovative.

It's also slightly worrying that the spec "only" got 3 cores approving
it, especially on such a touchy subject. I'm guilty as others to not
have voiced my concerns then, though.

--
Thomas