[openstack-dev] [release] proposed newton schedule

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Mar 31 11:31:16 UTC 2016

Doug Hellmann wrote:
> The proposed release schedule for Newton is available at
> http://releases.openstack.org/newton/schedule.html
>
> Please note that we will be using Thursdays for deadlines next cycle
> (that is, for the Feature Freeze at Newton-3 in week R-5 the deadline is
> Sept 8).
>
> Let us know here in this thread if you see any schedule conflicts.

So there is a problem on this page (which I failed to notice in the
review): there is two "Oct 10-14" weeks (R+0 and R+1).

Since the ideal position for the next summit is at R+3, that would place
the ideal date for the release on October 6, not October 13. Such a date
would also let us more easily accommodate a very likely short Octata
cycle (due to the design summit split).

Let me propose a fix,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)