[openstack-dev] [FUEL] Timeout of deployment is exceeded & Fuel does not autodetect my hardware.

Samer Machara samer.machara at telecom-sudparis.eu
Thu Mar 31 08:55:43 UTC 2016

Hi, here is a Diagnostic Snapshot.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Samer Machara" <samer.machara at telecom-sudparis.eu>
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2016 10:18:59 AM
Subject: [FUEL] Timeout of deployment is exceeded & Fuel does not autodetect my hardware.

Bonjour, Hello.

I'm trying to deploy the basic 3 nodes architecture to learn OpenStack: 1 controller and 2 compute nodes. After several hours of deployment, I got this error 'Timeout of deployment is exceeded.'. So I tried to redeploy it but without success.
I have installed Fuel 7.0 with launch_8GB.sh script and I have 130GB HHD-free and my Download speed is: 6.41 Mbit/s. It should work well.

To see what is happening, I'm tried to deploy one node at the time I start with the controller node. However, I still with the same problem 'Timeout of deployment is exceeded.'

Another thing, I remove a node by error and now Fuel does not autodetect it. Even I tried to add another node by cloning a VM and changing its MAC but Fuel does not detect it as well. All VMs are booting from the PXE.
There is a command to execute the autodetection?

Here is the astute.log

Please help me to see what is going on
Thanks in advance
Samer.