[openstack-dev] [nova] [infra] The same SRIOV / NFV CI failures missed a regression, why?

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Mar 31 03:00:21 UTC 2016

On 26 March 2016 at 09:08, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:
> On 2016-03-25 15:20:00 -0400 (-0400), Jay Pipes wrote:
> [...]
>> 3) The upstream Infrastructure team works with the hired system
>> administrators to create a single CI system that can spawn
>> functional test jobs on the lab hardware and report results back
>> to upstream Gerrit
> [...]
>
> This bit is something the TripleO team has struggled to accomplish
> over the past several years (running a custom OpenStack deployment
> tied directly into our CI), so at a minimum we'd want to know how
> the proposed implementation would succeed in ways that they've so
> far found a significant challenge even with a larger sysadmin team
> than you estimate being required.

I think what Jay is getting at is to have the *exact same approach*
third-party CI for NFV and PCI have been using - so whatever
$behind-the-abstraction setup they are using, but community accessible
and visible, unlike the current behind-corprorate-firewall setups.

I'm not saying this is better or worse, but it is different to the
tripleo approach of providing a Nova API endpoint for zuul.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hpe.com>
Distinguished Technologist