[openstack-dev] [nova] API priorities in Newton

Andrew Laski andrew at lascii.com
Wed Mar 30 20:16:46 UTC 2016

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016, at 03:54 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:

> On 3/30/2016 2:42 PM, Andrew Laski wrote:
> >

> > On Wed, Mar 30, 2016, at 03:26 PM, Sean Dague wrote:
> >> During the Nova API meeting we had some conversations about priorities,
> >> but this feels like the thing where a mailing list conversation is more
> >> inclusive to get agreement on things. I think we need to remain focused
> >> on what API related work will have the highest impact on our users.
> >> (some brain storming was here -
> >> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/newton-nova-api-ideas). Here is a
> >> completely straw man proposal on priorities for the Newton cycle.
> >>
> >> * Top Priority Items *
> >>
> >> 1. API Reference docs in RST which include microversions (drivers: me,
> >> auggy, annegentle) -
> >> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/api-ref-in-rst
> >> 2. Discoverable Policy (drivers: laski, claudio) -
>
> Selfishly I'd like Laski to be as focused on cells v2 as possible, but
> he does have a spec up related to this.

At the midcycle I agreed to look into the oslo.policy work involved with
this because I have some experience there. I wasn't planning to be much
involved beyond that, and Claudiu has a spec up for the API side of it.
But in my mind there's a chain backwards from capabilities API to
discoverable policy and I want to move the oslo.policy work ahead
quickly if I can to unblock that.