[openstack-dev] [Fuel] [RDO] Volunteers needed

Aleksandra Fedorova afedorova at mirantis.com
Wed Mar 30 17:41:28 UTC 2016

Hi, Vladimir,

this is a great feature, which can make Fuel truly universal. But i
think it is hard to fully commit to the whole thing at once,
especially for new contributors.

Let's start with splitting it into some observable chunks of work, in
a form of wiki page, blueprint or spec. This way it will become
visible - where to start and how much effort it would take.

Also, do you think it fits into Internship ideas [1] ?

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Internship_ideas

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 3:48 PM, Vladimir Kozhukalov
<vkozhukalov at mirantis.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Fuel currently supports deployment of OpenStack using DEB packages
> (particularly Ubuntu, and Debian in near future). But we also used to deploy
> OpenStack on CentOS, but at some point we switched our focus on Ubuntu. It
> is not so hard to implement deployment of RDO using Fuel. Volunteers are
> welcome. You can contact Fuel team here in [openstack-dev] maling list or in
> #fuel IRC channel. It would be nice to see more people from different
> backgrounds contributing to Fuel.
>

> Vladimir Kozhukalov

Aleksandra Fedorova
CI Team Lead