[openstack-dev] [fuel] Component Leads Elections

Vladimir Kozhukalov vkozhukalov at mirantis.com
Wed Mar 30 11:20:24 UTC 2016

Dmitry,

"No need to rush" does not mean we should postpone
team structure changes until Ocata. IMO, CL role
(when it is exposed to Fuel) contradicts to our
modularization activities. Fuel should be an aggregator
of components. What if we decide to use Ironic or
Neutron as Fuel components? Should we chose also
Ironic CL? NO! Ironic is an independent
project with its own PTL.

I agree with Mike that we could remove this CL
role in a month if have consensus. But does it
make any sense to chose CLs now and then
immediately remove this role? Probably, it is better
to make a decision right now. I'd really like to
see here in this ML thread opinions of our current
CLs and other people.

Vladimir Kozhukalov