[openstack-dev] [fuel][plugins][ovs] NSH Query

Vikram Choudhary vikschw at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 09:20:17 UTC 2016

Hi Folks,

We were trying https://github.com/openstack/fuel-plugin-ovs.git, and has
below query:

*Our Setup:*
                                                              SF

Classifier---------------------------------------SFF--------------------
-Destination
               |- vxlan-gpe tunnel with NSH -|

*Query:*
1. At SF, we want to receive the packet with NSH content but only the
payload is received as the 'NSH' part is removed when the vxlan header is
stripped off. In this regard, we would like to know what should be the OVS
flow-rule / Tunnel or equivalent config option for SFF, so that the NSH
header is retained in the packet while it's sent to the SF?

2. What is the use of "nsh_covert" option?

Thanks
Vikram