[openstack-dev] [Senlin] Asking about launching an instance in Senlin cluster

Ethan Lynn xuanlangjian at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 08:16:57 UTC 2016

Hi Cuong,
First you need to create a profile, and then create a cluster.
There is some examples in senlin/example/profiles, you can start with this one https://github.com/openstack/senlin/blob/master/examples/profiles/cirros_basic/nova_server.yaml <https://github.com/openstack/senlin/blob/master/examples/profiles/cirros_basic/nova_server.yaml>

Copy this file and modify image or flavor or key_name as you like, then use following command to create a profile:
# openstack cluster profile create my_profile --spec-file nova_server.yaml

Then create a cluster based on this profile:
# openstack cluster create my_cluster —profile my_profile --desired-capacity 1

Best Regards,
Ethan Lynn
xuanlangjian at gmail.com