[openstack-dev] [magnum] Generate atomic images using diskimage-builder

Yolanda Robla Mota yolanda.robla-mota at hpe.com
Tue Mar 29 20:28:46 UTC 2016

So the advantages I can see with diskimage-builder are:
- we reuse the same tooling that is present in other openstack projects
to generate images, rather than relying on an external image
- it improves the control we have on the contents of the image, instead
of seeing that as a black box. At the moment we can rely on the default
tree for fedora 23, but this can be updated per magnum needs
- reusability: we have atomic 23 now, but why not create magnum images
with dib, for ubuntu, or any other distros ? Relying on
diskimage-builder makes it easy and flexible, because it's a matter of
adding the right elements.

Best
Yolanda