[openstack-dev] [kolla][vote] Nominating Vikram Hosakot for Core Reviewer

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Tue Mar 29 16:07:38 UTC 2016

Hey folks,

Consider this proposal a +1 in favor of Vikram joining the core reviewer team.  His reviews are outstanding.  If he doesn't have anything useful to add to a review, he doesn't pile on the review with more -1s which are slightly disheartening to people.  Vikram has started a trend amongst the core reviewers of actually diagnosing gate failures in peoples patches as opposed to saying gate failed please fix.  He does this diagnosis in nearly every review I see, and if he is stumped  he says so.  His 30 days review stats place him in pole position and his 90 day review stats place him in second position.  Of critical notice is that Vikram is ever-present on IRC which in my professional experience is the #1 indicator of how well a core reviewer will perform long term.   Besides IRC and review requirements, we also have code requirements for core reviewers.  Vikram has implemented only 10 patches so far, butI feel he could amp this up if he had feature work to do.  At the moment we are in a holding pattern on master development because we need to fix Mitaka bugs.  That said Vikram is actively working on diagnosing root causes of people's bugs in the IRC channel pretty much 12-18 hours a day so we can ship Mitaka in a working bug-free state.

Our core team consists of 11 people.  Vikram requires at minimum 6 +1 votes, with no veto -2 votes within a 7 day voting window to end on April 7th.  If there is a veto vote prior to April 7th I will close voting.  If there is a unanimous vote prior to April 7th, I will make appropriate changes in gerrit.

Regards
-steve

[1] http://stackalytics.com/report/contribution/kolla-group/30
[2] http://stackalytics.com/report/contribution/kolla-group/90