[openstack-dev] [Fuel] [Shotgun] Decoupling Shotgun from Fuel

Vladimir Kozhukalov vkozhukalov at mirantis.com
Tue Mar 29 09:37:54 UTC 2016

Dear colleagues,

This is a part of our plan to make Fuel even more modular.

Governance patch: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/298603/
Project-config patch: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/298615/
Launchpad project: https://launchpad.net/shotgun
Wiki page: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Shotgun

If we have a consensus here and merge these
governance and project-config patches (not earlier than Fuel 9.0 SCF),
all new bug reports should be sent to https://bugs.launchpad.net/shotgun
Yet another thing is that Shotgun roadmap and releases will
be up to a Shotgun independent team.

BTW, volunteers are needed to drive Shotgun project. We need to inspect
its possible use cases, we should make it even more generic, convenient
and well documented. We also need to figure out what
we can improve in the project and how and then create roadmap.

Vladimir Kozhukalov