[openstack-dev] [kolla] Gift from the OpenStack foundation

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Mon Mar 28 17:10:12 UTC 2016

From: Ian Cordasco <sigmavirus24 at gmail.com<mailto:sigmavirus24 at gmail.com>>
Date: Monday, March 28, 2016 at 6:04 AM
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [kolla] Gift from the OpenStack foundation

On Mar 28, 2016 4:51 AM, "Thierry Carrez" <thierry at openstack.org<mailto:thierry at openstack.org>> wrote:

> Steven Dake (stdake) wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> If you have been in the past or currently are a core reviewer in the
>> Kolla project and won't make summit, the foundation (or HP, not sure
>> which) has a gift of nominal value for each of you. [...]
>

> All I can say is that it's not the Foundation... The Foundation does not special-case core reviewers. Instead, we work hard at limiting the benefits associated with core reviewing so that people do not pursue becoming one for the wrong reasons.

This seems inappropriate, much like HP's core reviewer party at the summit. I'm glad you confirmed this isn't the foundation's work.

Ian,
My apologies for inappropriately crediting the gift to the foundation.  I thought the foundation was aware this was happening for core reviewers - but that appears not to be the case.

In any regard, its not like the core reviewer party at ODS which is a blowout party with great food and great drinks and might violate some companies gift policies and many people's view of what is appropriate in an open organization.  Instead it is equivalent to a sticker (although it is not a sticker) that projects provide as gifts to people interested in their projects.

Regards
-steve