[openstack-dev] [release][all][ptl] release liaisons for newton

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Fri Mar 25 19:35:30 UTC 2016

As we come to the close of the Mitaka cycle, and now that we have PTLs
for Newton in place, we need to establish our cross-project liaisons as
well. By default, the release liaison is the PTL and we can continue
with that assumption for Newton. If you would like to hand those duties
off to someone else, please update the wiki page appropriately [1].

We are making one small change in policy for liaisons this cycle. For
Mitaka we had a few projects with multiple deliverables designate a
separate person per deliverable. That has proven to be too much to keep
up with, so for Newton I would prefer that teams have a single release
liaison tracking all deliverables. That gives us the
single-point-of-contact we need for status updates. It's fine if you
want to divide up the work internally, of course, but I will expect the
liaison to either have up to date information or get it when asked.

Thanks,
Doug