[openstack-dev] [magnum] Enhance Mesos bay to a DCOS bay

Michal Rostecki michal.rostecki at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 09:25:20 UTC 2016

On 03/25/2016 07:57 AM, Jay Lau wrote:
> Hi Magnum,
>
> The current mesos bay only include mesos and marathon, it is better to
> enhance the mesos bay have more components and finally enhance it to a
> DCOS which focus on container service based on mesos.
>
> For more detail, please refer to
> https://docs.mesosphere.com/getting-started/installing/installing-enterprise-edition/
>
> The mesosphere now has a template on AWS which can help customer deploy
> a DCOS on AWS, it would be great if Magnum can also support it based on
> OpenStack.
>
> I filed a bp here
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/magnum/+spec/mesos-dcos , please show
> your comments if any.
>
> --
> Thanks,
>
> Jay Lau (Guangya Liu)

Sorry if I'm missing something, but isn't DCOS a closed source software?

However, the "DCOS cli"[1] seems to be working perfectly with Marathon
and Mesos installed by any way if you configure it well. I think that
the thing which can be done in Magnum is to make the experience with
"DOCS" tools as easy as possible by using open source components from
Mesosphere.

Cheers,
Michal

[1] https://github.com/mesosphere/dcos-cli