[openstack-dev] [kite] Seeking core reviewers

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Thu Mar 24 22:44:25 UTC 2016

On 03/24/2016 05:17 PM, Ian Cordasco wrote:
> [...]
Kite should die.

Kite was an attempt to do Symmetric key exchange for Message HMAC.

Symmetric does not work for Pub sub.

Symmetric implies a separate key pair for each point-to-point message
sender and receiver.

We should not be doing our own crypo/security mechanism anyway.

Jamie Lennox, formerly of Red Hat and now at IBM was the maintainer, and
I fully expect him to say he has no interest in it.

I am at Red Hat, and I have no interest in it.

We handed it off to Barbican, and they have no interest in it.

The Kite eating tree has spoken, Charlie Brown.