[openstack-dev] [release] [pbr] semver on master branches after RC WAS Re: How do I calculate the semantic version prior to a release?

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Mar 24 19:28:16 UTC 2016

On 25 March 2016 at 08:23, Ian Cordasco <sigmavirus24 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Right I'm not convinced it's more than the ~15 or 20 of us that work on OSA and care about upgrading and catching regressions early.

However, Doug and I just uncovered a concern on IRC: having PyPI be
ahead of master for more than very short periods seems like a poor
idea.

When we tag a final release on a branch, without master being higher
than that final release, folk running things installed from master,
will now be 'upgradable' to whats on PyPI, even though thats older
from a human perspective.

So, I think we do need some aggressive means to bump master up past
the versions reserved for a stable branch, at the stable branches
creation.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hpe.com>