[openstack-dev] [heat] issue of ResourceGroup in Heat template

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Thu Mar 24 14:52:59 UTC 2016

On 24/03/16 04:29, Steven Hardy wrote:

>>> Shouldn't rg_2 and rg_4 be equivalent?
>>
>> They are the same for template version 2013-05-23. However, they behave differently
>> from the next  version(2014-10-16) onward and return a list of characters. I think
>> this is due to the fact that `get_attr` function mapping is changed from 2014-10-16.
>
> Ok, I guess it's way too late to fix it, but it still sounds like a
> backwards incompatible regression to me.

It is backwards incompatible, but it's not a regression. This is the
exact reason why we have versioned templates.

It's an intentional feature, done by the book with a template version
bump, which you +2'd at the time :)

https://bugs.launchpad.net/heat/+bug/1341048
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/heat/commit/?id=eca6faa83e13a43546f7533b52e0fd3071fd97d4
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/heat/commit/?id=b4903673cd24efd631df79d33cfe4bd07a4243d6