[openstack-dev] [release] [pbr] semver on master branches after RC WAS Re: How do I calculate the semantic version prior to a release?

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 12:11:57 UTC 2016

> Trunk will rapidly exceed mitaka's versions, leading to no confusion too.

That's the case now, RC1 tags are reachable from both branches and
master has more patches, generating higher .devN part. But once RC2
and final tags are pushed, generated version will be higher on
stable/mitaka branch:
>>> from packaging.version import Version, parse
>>> rc2=Version("13.0.0.0rc2")
>>> master=Version("13.0.0.0rc2.dev99999")
>>> master > rc2
False