[openstack-dev] [docs] Our Install Guides Only Cover Defcore - What about big tent?

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Wed Mar 23 17:01:59 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----

I'll not put words in Lana's mouth, but my take based on what happens in practice is that the docs team - and more specifically the install guide subteam - remain focused on defcore projects only but are willing to be flexible where someone from a non-defcore big tent project is willing to stand up and own the work of creating and maintaining the docs in the guide - though they do expect a blueprint/spec to propose adding a new project to the install guide and that the project be packaged for the distros the guide covers. The bottom line is someone involved with the project being added needs to own the work as the regular docs folks are not in a position to cover every project in the big tent.

In the case of Manila this has happened and the results will appear in the Mitaka guide, while in the case of Magnum this didn't happen - at least until very recently, hence it being pushed to Newton. The spec review for that is here:

    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/289994/

Thanks,

Steve