[openstack-dev] [infra][neutron][nova] publish and update Gerrit dashboard link automatically

Rossella Sblendido rsblendido at suse.com
Wed Mar 23 16:40:54 UTC 2016

On 03/22/2016 02:28 PM, Markus Zoeller wrote:
>> From: Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org>
>> <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
>> Date: 02/18/2016 02:05 AM
>> Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [infra][neutron] publish and update
>> Gerrit dashboard link automatically
>>
>> On 2016-02-16 14:52:04 -0700 (-0700), Carl Baldwin wrote:
>> [...]
>>> No matter how it is done, there is the problem of where to host such a
>>> page which can be automatically updated daily (or more often) by this
>>> script.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts from infra on this?
>>
>> A neat idea, and sounds like an evolution of/replacement for
>> reviewday[1][2]. Our community already has all the tools it needs
>> for running scripts and publishing the results in an automated
>> fashion (based on a timer, triggered by merged commits in a Git
>> repo, et cetera), as well as running Web servers... you could just
>> add a vhost to the openstack_project::static class[3] and then a job
>> in our project configuration[4] to update it.
>>
>> [1] http://status.openstack.org/reviews/
>> [2] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/reviewday/
>> [3] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/system-config/tree/
>> modules/openstack_project/manifests/static.pp
>> [4] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/project-config/tree/
>> jenkins/jobs/
>> --
>> Jeremy Stanley
>
> I didn't see this thread back then when it started. I think Nova would
> benefit from that too. I didn't find a Neutron related change in [1]
> as Jeremy suggested. I'm mainly interested in bug fix changes, ordered
> by bug report importance.
>
> @Rossella:
> Are you still working on this or is this solved in another way?

Hi Markus,

yes I am still working on this. The idea is to use Gerrit project
dashboard as suggested by jeblair[1]. I pushed a patch for Neutron [2],
it's still work in progress, waiting for feedback from infra.

cheers,

Rossella

[1]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-infra/%23openstack-infra.2016-03-11.log.html#t2016-03-11T14:47:06