[openstack-dev] [fuel][puppet] Switching fuel-library to consume stable/mitaka

Alex Schultz aschultz at mirantis.com
Tue Mar 22 19:42:01 UTC 2016

Hey everyone,

Emilien is in the process of cutting the stable/mitaka branches for all of
the upstream puppet modules.  As Fuel approaches SCF, we will want to
switch from the master branches we are currently tracking to leverage the
stable/mitaka branches.  In talking with some other folks, I believe the
plan is the following switch fuel-library to leverage stable/mitaka
branches prior to SCF.  Once we open master backup for Newton activities,
we will switch the fuel-library master branch back to tracking the upstream
master branches while leaving our stable/mitaka branch pointed to the
upstream stable/mitaka branches.

As far as these activities are concerned, I believe Ivan Berezovskiy will
be providing a patch to do the switch to stable/mitaka. Additionally we
will want to ensure that the fuel-ci will work for the upstream
stable/mitaka branches as it currently[0] isn't working since we haven't
cut a stable/mitaka branch for Fuel yet.  Igor Belikov has been notified of
the current issues and is looking into a fix.

Please raise any concerns or items that also need to be addressed.

Thanks,
-Alex

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/295976/