[openstack-dev] [all][infra][ptls] tagging reviews, making tags searchable

Jim Rollenhagen jim at jimrollenhagen.com
Mon Mar 21 16:58:06 UTC 2016

On Sat, Mar 19, 2016 at 04:51:14PM +0000, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2016-03-19 02:28:48 +0000 (+0000), Amrith Kumar wrote:
> > Maybe we could collaborate and build something that'd work for
> > multiple projects? Happy to help with this. It is clearly a
> > problem that some projects seem to be facing and there aren't any
> > good solutions there.
>
> Rossella Sblendido was working on a similar solution[1] for Neutron
> reviews, so this seems to be a popular desire across many projects.
> The rough consensus[2] in Infra was in favor of a CI job to perform
> the appropriate analysis to generate the desired dashboards and then
> push those into Gerrit so that it could host them directly rather
> than people having to maintain and update separate websites hosting
> query-based Gerrit dashboards.
>
> [1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-February/086392.html
> [2] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-infra/%23openstack-infra.2016-03-11.log.html#t2016-03-11T14:46:05

This does sound good, and I'm all for some collaboration here.

As a first stab, I was planning on building a web page with
ironic-specific priorities highlighted, probably backed by some YAML
file that cores could update. Gerrit solves this problem if we use
topics well, but we're pretty bad at that.

// jim