[openstack-dev] [Fuel][Bareon][Ironic] The future of integration module

Evgeniy L eli at mirantis.com
Mon Mar 21 11:33:19 UTC 2016

Hi,

I would like to bring up discussion on Bareon [0] and Ironic integration
and plans for the future.

But first let me provide background information on the topic. Bareon is
partitioning/provisioning system [1] which is based on Fuel-agent [2],
currently it's in active development and will be used in Fuel 10.0 instead
of Fuel-agent (as partitioning/provisioning system).

There is integration module for Bareon and Ironic [3], based on this module
Cray team implemented another version [4], which is going to be merged in
separate repository.

Ideally there should be a single module which is used for Bareon and Ironic
integration.
In order to do that, the differences has to be identified and based on that
decisions are made (on deprecation and/or backports).

I would like to ask for help from Cray and Ironic (Ironic -
Bareon/Fuel-agent maintainers) teams to identify the differences and help
with future plans on integration.

Thanks,

[0] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Bareon
[1]