[openstack-dev] [tc][election][ec2-api][winstackers][stable] status of teams without PTL candidates

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Sun Mar 20 16:48:43 UTC 2016

I won't be able to make the TC meeting this week because of travel,
so I wanted to lay out my thoughts on the three PTL-less projects
based on the outcome of the recent election (EC2-API, Winstackers,
and Stable Maintenance).

The EC2-API project doesn't appear to be very actively worked on.
There is one very recent commit from an Oslo team member, another
couple from a few days before, and then the next one is almost a
month old. Given the lack of activity, if no team member has
volunteered to be PTL I think we should remove the project from the
official list for lack of interest.

The Winstackers project is much more active in the repository, but
there doesn't seem to be much traffic on the mailing list. It's not
clear why no one signed up to be PTL, and I couldn't find a notice
that the current PTL is not running. I'm tempted to suggest removing
Winstackers from the official project list for lack of participation
in project governance, but perhaps a probation period is in order
since it's a relatively new team. Probation would depend on having
the team find a PTL volunteer, of course.

The situation with the Stable Maintenance team is ironically shaky.
The outgoing PTL has entered the Nova PTL election, though he has
said he would take up the Stable team work again if he does not
become Nova PTL. That election will not be over until 24 March, so
I think we should wait before taking any action. If Matt becomes
Nova PTL, and no other volunteer steps forward, I will take on the
responsibilities, though I do want to keep the Stable team separate
from the Release team. That said, I would very much prefer to have
someone else be the Stable team PTL so I hope we can find a volunteer.

Doug