[openstack-dev] [all] purplerbot irc bot for logs and transclusion

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Sun Mar 20 13:20:56 UTC 2016

On Fri, 18 Mar 2016, Anita Kuno wrote:

> On 03/16/2016 10:45 AM, Paul Belanger wrote:
>> I would like to see it added to openstack-infra so we can properly
>> manage it.
>
> I agree with Paul here.

purpler (which includes the bot) is now packaged and on pypi:

    https://pypi.python.org/pypi/purpler

I tried to:

* package it in a way that ought to make it relatively straightforward
   to run in a variety of environments
* remove my little hacks that I put it in "just to get it working"

It doesn't have good tests, but has been running for a while,
reasonably well.

> To that end I have added an item on next week's infra meeting agenda
> about IRC Bots with the aim of discussing this, as this isnot the only
> bot folks seem to want to run.
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/InfraTeamMeeting#Agenda_for_next_meeting

I've put this on my calendar so will attend. I'll also hang out in
#openstack-infra so if anybody wants to discuss it ping me there.

--
Chris Dent               (¨s¡ã¡õ¡ã)¨s¦à©ß©¥©ß            http://anticdent.org/