[openstack-dev] [i18n][horizon][sahara][trove][magnum][murano] dashboard plugin release schedule

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 17:43:32 UTC 2016

Hi dashboard plugins team
(sahara-dashboard, trove-dashboard, magnum-ui, murano-dashboard)

As Horizon i18n liaison, I would like to have a consensus on a rough schedule
of translation import for Horizon plugins.
Several plugins and horizon itself already released RC1.

For Horizon translation, we use the following milestone:
  Mitaka-3 : Soft string freeze
  Mitaka-RC1: Hard string freeze
  Mitaka-RC2: Final translation import

Does this milestone sound good for sahara/trove/magnum/murano dashboard plugins?
This means that each dashboard plugin project needs to release RC2 (or some RC)
even only for translation import. Otherwise, translator efforts after
hard string freeze
will not be included in Mitaka release.

If the above idea sounds good, I hope RC2 (or later RC) will be released
on early of the week Mar 28 for translation import.
This schedule allows translators to work on translations after "Hard
string freeze".

Mitaka is the first release for Horizon plugins with translations,
so I hope this mail helps everyone around translations.

Best Regards,
Akihiro