[openstack-dev] [Fuel] [ironic] [inspector] Rewriting nailgun agent on Python proposal

Pavlo Shchelokovskyy pshchelokovskyy at mirantis.com
Fri Mar 18 14:51:20 UTC 2016

Hi Evgeniy,

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 4:26 PM, Evgeniy L <eli at mirantis.com> wrote:

>> On the other side, there is ongoing work to have an ansible-based deploy
>> ramdisk in Ironic, maybe inspector could benefit from it too. Didn't think
>> about it yet, would be interesting to discuss on the summit.
>

> And here, I would appreciate if you have any link to get more context (I
> was able to find only playbook for Ironic installation).
> In Fuel we had an idea to implement tasks (abstract from specific
> deployment tool) to make configuration and get information about specific
> hardware.

Please see this patch https://review.openstack.org/#/c/238183/

This is a PoC of ansible-deploy driver for Ironic. We are in the process of
polishing/refactoring it to be more "ansibly" but the current prototype is
already working. We also plan to add an Inspect interface to it at some
point (or implement similar logic in Inspector if it would be needed) - it
should be as easy as running the like of "ansible -m setup" and parsing the
result.

Best regards,

Dr. Pavlo Shchelokovskyy
Senior Software Engineer