[openstack-dev] [Kuryr] Clarification of expanded mission statement

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Fri Mar 18 11:59:47 UTC 2016

The Kuryr project proposed an update to its mission statement and I agreed
to start a ML thread seeking clarification on the update.

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/289993

The change expands the current networking focus to also include storage
integration.

I was interested to learn more about what work you expect to be doing.  On
the networking side, it's clear to me: a libnetwork plugin, and now perhaps
a CNI plugin.  What specific code do you expect to deliver as a part of
your expanded scope?  Will that code be in Kuryr, or be in upstream
projects?

If you don't know yet, that's fine.  I was just curious what you had in
mind.  We don't really have OpenStack projects that are organizing around
contributing to other upstreams, but I think this case is fine.

--
Russell Bryant