[openstack-dev] [magnum] High Availability

Daneyon Hansen (danehans) danehans at cisco.com
Thu Mar 17 19:27:12 UTC 2016

> On Mar 17, 2016, at 11:41 AM, Ricardo Rocha <rocha.porto at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
> We're on the way, the API is using haproxy load balancing in the same
> way all openstack services do here - this part seems to work fine

I expected the API to work. Thanks for the confirmation.

> For the conductor we're stopped due to bay certificates - we don't
> currently have barbican so local was the only option. To get them
> accessible on all nodes we're considering two options:
> - store bay certs in a shared filesystem, meaning a new set of
> credentials in the boxes (and a process to renew fs tokens)
> - deploy barbican (some bits of puppet missing we're sorting out)

How funny. I had this concern and proposed a similar solution to hongbin over irc yesterday. I suggested we discuss this issue at Austin, as Barbican is becoming a barrier to Magnum adoption. Please keep this thread updated as you progress with your deployment and I'll do the same.