[openstack-dev] [release] Release countdown for week R-2, Mar 21-25

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu Mar 17 19:23:49 UTC 2016

We're almost to the finish line with Mitaka!

Focus
-----

Project teams following the cycle-with-milestone model should be
testing their release candidates and fixing release-critical bugs.

Project teams following the cycle-with-intermediary model should
ensure they have at least one Mitaka release, and determine whether
they will need another release before the end of the Mitaka cycle.

All feature ongoing work should be retargeted to the Newton cycle.

All project teams should be working on release-critical bugs.

General Notes
-------------

The global requirements list is frozen. If you need to change a
dependency, for example to include a bug fix in one of our libraries
or an upstream library, please provide enough detail in the change
request to allow the requirements review team to evaluate the change.

User-facing strings are frozen to allow the translation team time
to finish their work.

Release Actions
---------------

We still have quite a few managed cycle-with-milestones projects
without a release candidate:

aodh
ceilometer
barbican
designate
horizon
manila
sahara
trove
zaqar

And there are a few managed cycle-with-intermediary projects without
a clear indication if they have cut their final release:

ironic
ironic-python-agent
python-manilaclient
sahara-tests
swift

Please contact the release team, or submit a release request to the
releases repository, to address these missing releases.

Important Dates

Final release candidates: R-1, Mar 28-1
Mitaka final release: Apr 7

Mitaka release schedule: http://releases.openstack.org/mitaka/schedule.html