[openstack-dev] [Magnum] COE drivers spec

Kai Qiang Wu wkqwu at cn.ibm.com
Thu Mar 17 14:44:31 UTC 2016

Here are some of my raw points,

1. For the driver mentioned, I think we not necessary use bay-driver here,
as have network-driver, volume-driver, maybe it is not needed to introduce
driver in bay level.(bay is higher level than network or volume)

maybe like

coes/
   swarm/
   mesos/
   kubernetes

Each coes include, take swarm as example,

coes/
    swarm/
         default/
         contrib/
Or we not use contrib here, just like (one is support by default, others
are contributed by more contributors and tested in jenkins pipeline)
 coes/
     swarm/
         atomic/
         ubuntu/

We have BaseCoE, other specific CoE inherit from that, Each CoE have
related life management operations, like Create, Update, Get, Delete life
cycle management.

2.  We need to think more about scale manager, which involves scale cluster
up and down, Maybe a related auto-scale and manual scale ways.

The user cases, like as a Cloud Administrator, I could easily use OpenStack
to provide CoEs cluster, and manage CoE life cycle. and scale CoEs.
CoEs could do its best to use OpenStack network, and volume services to
provide CoE related network, volume support.

Others interesting case(not required), if user just want to deploy one
container in Magnum, we schedule it to the right CoE, (if user manual
specify, it would schedule to the specific CoE)

Or more user cases .....

Thanks

Best Wishes,
Kai Qiang Wu (吴开强  Kennan)
IBM China System and Technology Lab, Beijing

E-mail: wkqwu at cn.ibm.com
Tel: 86-10-82451647
Address: Building 28(Ring Building), ZhongGuanCun Software Park,
         No.8 Dong Bei Wang West Road, Haidian District Beijing P.R.China
100193
Follow your heart. You are miracle!