[openstack-dev] Sahara Job Binaries Storage

Trevor McKay tmckay at redhat.com
Thu Mar 17 13:55:53 UTC 2016

Hi Jerico,

  Internal db storage for job binaries was added at
the start of EDP as an alternative for sites that do
not have swift running. Since then, we've also added
integration with manila so that job binaries can be
stored in manila shares.

  You are correct, storing lots of binaries in the
sahara db could make the database grow very large.
Swift or manila should be used for production, internal
storage is a good option for development/test.

  There is currently no way to disable internal storage.
We can took a look at adding such an option -- in fact
we have talked informally about the possibility of
deprecating internal db storage since swift and manila
are both mature at this point. We should discuss that
at the upcoming summit.

Best,

Trevor