[openstack-dev] [cue] PTL candidacy

Min Pae sputnik13 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 21:39:27 UTC 2016

I am submitting myself as a candidate as Cue PTL for the Newton cycle.

I have been involved in the Cue project since its inception and would like
to help continue its development to make it a production ready message
broker provisioning/management service.

Some things I’d like to work on for Newton:

- Improve reliability of the broker cluster creation process
- Improve monitoring of broker instances to detect failures in broker
cluster members
- Introduce healing functions for recovering failed clusters

As a stretch goal I would also like to see a second broker type be
introduced alongside RabbitMQ, as Cue was never intended to be a "RabbitMQ
vending machine”.

Thank you,
- Min Pae