[openstack-dev] [Nova] Mitaka RC1 available

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Wed Mar 16 18:49:04 UTC 2016

On 16 March 2016 at 18:17, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Nova is next to produce a release candidate for the end of the Mitaka cycle!
> Congratulations to all the Nova devs. You can find the RC1 source code
> tarball at:
>
> https://tarballs.openstack.org/nova/nova-13.0.0.0rc1.tar.gz
>
> Unless release-critical issues are found that warrant a release candidate
> respin, this RC1 will be formally released as the final Mitaka Nova release
> on April 7th. You are therefore strongly encouraged to test and validate
> this tarball !

So I am expecting to cut RC2 to include translations that happen now
and release week.

To help this, we now have hit Hard String Freeze on the stable/mitaka branch.
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StringFreeze#Hard_String_Freeze

> Alternatively, you can directly test the stable/mitaka release branch at:
>
> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/nova/log/?h=stable/mitaka
>
> If you find an issue that could be considered release-critical, please file
> it at:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+filebug
>
> and tag it *mitaka-rc-potential* to bring it to the Nova release crew's
> attention.
>
> Note that the "master" branch of Nova is now open for Newton development,
> and feature freeze restrictions no longer apply there !

Although we have a few upgraded related DB changes, including:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/289449/4
More on that from dansmith in a sec.

Thanks,
johnthetubaguy