[openstack-dev] [cross-project] [all] Quotas -- service vs. library

Joshua Harlow harlowja at fastmail.com
Wed Mar 16 16:53:35 UTC 2016

<snip>

> This has been proposed a number of times in the past with projects such as Boson
> (https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Boson) and an extended discussion at one of the
> summits (I think it was San Diego).
>
> Then, there were major reservations from the PTLs at the impacts in terms of
> latency, ability to reconcile and loss of control (transactions are difficult, transactions
> across services more so).

Understood and I get the worry that this causes people.

But just some food for thought, I have heard from a grapevine this is
how a company that starts with 'g' and ends with 'oogle' does quota on
there resources. A service (I don't know the name) manages the quotas
and other services can subscribe to that other services events (to say
sync themselves with that service).

But this is just the grapevine, so the information may be a little
distorted and/or not correct, ha...

-Josh