[openstack-dev] [Glance][Artifacts] Current status of Glance artifacts

Ramakrishna, Deepti deepti.ramakrishna at intel.com
Wed Mar 16 16:47:50 UTC 2016

Thank you Mikhail for your response.

-Deepti

From: Mikhail Fedosin [mailto:mfedosin at mirantis.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2016 8:01 AM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions) <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Glance][Artifacts] Current status of Glance artifacts

Hi! Thank you for your interest in Glare. I'm leading this project and I'll try to answer your questions :)

Glare is a new service under Glance repo which previously was called Glance v3, now it's experimental Glare v0.1 api. It has a devstack support, so you can deploy it with setting ENABLED_SERVICES=g-glare in your localrc file. At the moment only Murano uses v0.1 as an optional backend for its packages, but in common case it's not recommended for real deployments.

While we were working on the service we got a lot of advice and suggestions from community and API-WG about how we can improve our api. We collected them all and started implementing stable Glare api - v1 [1]. Currently stable Glare is under active development, skeleton is almost here [2] and I think we can organize public POC demo next week (it will be announced later on Friday). More details and functionality will be presented on Newton summit.

Our plan is stabilize Glare as much as possible and merge it in Newton. Then in Ocata add Glare's v1 support in Nova and other services like Heat, Sahara, App Catalog, Tacker, Murano, Mistral and so on.
If you have any other questions you can ask here or visit our weekly irc meeting on Monday at 1730 UTC in #openstack-meeting-alt [3].
Best regards,
Mikhail Fedosin

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/283136/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/292327/