[openstack-dev] [Rally] PTL candidacy

Boris Pavlovic boris at pavlovic.me
Wed Mar 16 06:14:30 UTC 2016

Hi stackers,

I'm announcing my candidacy for PTL for rally for the Newton release cycle.

My goals are the same:

- Work on road map to capture everybody's use cases and align them
- Continue working on improving our review process and CI
- Concentrate efforts on addressing tech debt
  (fixing bugs, cleaning up architecture and making it more testable)
- Make contribution to Rally even more open (make road map more open)
- Do the regular 1 per 2 weeks releases

Plans for the next releases:

- Finish work that addresses Rally scalability issues
  (only one task left storing chunks of results to DB)
- Finish distributed runner
  (we did all changes in framework except storing results in chunks, we
will need just to
   implement new runner plugin)
- Finish generalization of Rally
  (make Rally suitable for testing of everything, not only OpenStack)
- Split Rally Core & Rally OpenStack plugins into 2 repos
- Finish work on workload framework
  (create tests for network and disk testing)
- Improve Rally Certification Tasks
- Finish work on rally task v2 format
- Implement mutliscenario load
- Rally as a Service
- Rally task Trends and Compare reports
- Rally export results functionality (CLI and plugins for many systems)
- Disaster cleanup
  (be able to cleanup env no matter what happened)
- .... many other interesting tasks

Best regards,
Boris Pavlovic